Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Heeze-Leende: deregistering from the municipality in the event of a long stay outside the Netherlands

Please note: you can report that you are moving outside the Netherlands only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

  • Are you moving outside the Netherlands on your own? If so, you can report your departure online.
  • Is your entire family moving outside the Netherlands? If so, you must report your departure to the municipality in writing or at its service desk.


You can report your departure online on the day of your move. You need your DigiD to do this.

Verhuizen naar het buitenland (Dutch form)

In writing

You can only report that you are moving by post if all the members of your family are moving with you.

[optie 1]

Fill in the Verhuizen naar het buitenland (Dutch form). Send the form together with a copy of a valid passport, Dutch identity card or residence permit for you and your family to [adres gemeente].

[optie 2]

Write a signed letter stating your old and (if known) new address.

The letter must specify:

  • the country in which you are going to live;
  • the date of your departure;
  • a clear signature (not initials).

Send this letter together with a copy of your identity document to [adres gemeente].

At the service desk

Do you want to report the departure of you and your family at the service desk? First make an appointment via [pagina gemeente]. Bring a valid form of identification to your appointment.

You must specify your new address at the appointment, if already known. You must always specify the country in which you will be living.

You can report the departure of the following people at the same time as you report your own:

  • your spouse;
  • your civil partner;
  • your children;
  • your parents.

These persons must be registered with you at the same address.

Do you have a samenlevingscontract (cohabitation agreement)? If so, you and your partner must report the departure outside the Netherlands separately.

Reporting a move is free of charge.

  • Reporting by email or post: 5 working days.
  • Reporting at the service desk: processed immediately by the municipality.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Heeze-Leende

Visiting address

Jan Deckersstraat 2

5591HS Heeze

Opening hours
9.00 - 20.00
9.00 - 17.00
9.00 - 17.00
9.00 - 17.00
9.00 - 17.00
Last updated on 30 November 2022