Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Brummen: deregistering from the municipality in the event of a long stay outside the Netherlands

Please note: you can report that you are moving outside the Netherlands only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

  • Are you the only resident at your current adress? If so, you can report your departure online.
  • Is your entire family moving with you? If so, you can report your departure online.
  • Are only some of your family members moving with you? If so, you must report your departure to the municipality at its service desk.


You can report your departure online on the day of your move. You need your DigiD to do this.

Go to formulier vertrek doorgeven met DigiD

At the service desk

Do you have to/prefer  to report the departure of you and your family at the service desk? First make an appointment via [pagina gemeente]. Bring a valid form of identification to your appointment.

You must specify your new address at the appointment, if already known. You must always specify the country in which you will be living.

You can report the departure of the following people at the same time as you report your own:

  • your spouse;
  • your civil partner;
  • your children;
  • your parents.

These persons must be registered with you at the same address.

Do you have a samenlevingscontract (cohabitation agreement)? If so, you and your partner must report the departure outside the Netherlands separately.

Reporting a move is free of charge.

  • Reporting online: 5 working days.
  • Reporting at the service desk: processed immediately by the municipality.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Brummen

Visiting address

Engelenburgerlaan 31

6971BV Brummen

Opening hours
14:00 - 16:30
14:00 - 16:30
17:30 - 19:30
08:30 - 12:00
Last updated on 2 December 2022