Single Digital Gateway

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

You can use a personal budget (persoonsgebonden budget – PGB) to pay for youth care. A PGB is an amount of money that can be used to purchase care or support for personal reasons.

Contact your municipality for youth care for your child. Your municipality provides advice on youth care and will determine the best kind of support for your child. It will do so together with you and your child. The municipality also ensures that your child has access to youth care.

Every municipality implements its youth support differently. Some municipalities have a neighbourhood team (wijkteam) in each neighbourhood, while others have a youth and family centre (Centrum jeugd en gezin).

You can also directly contact your neighbourhood team. A school, GP or sports club can also refer you. The municipality also has a list of youth teams and neighbourhood teams.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Applying for jeugdhulp (youth care)

Contact the municipality for youth care for your child. The municipality provides advice on youth care. She considers which help is best. She does this together with you and your child. The municipality also ensures that your child has access to youth care.

Every municipality organizes youth care differently. Some municipalities work with youth teams in the district. Others with a Center for Youth and Family. Culemborg has a team of youth consultants. They can issue an indication for youth care.

Culemborg also has a Social Team. He works closely with the youth consultants of the municipality. The Social Team can provide light (parenting) support itself, or refer to the Youth Consultants when necessary.

Healthcare providers lists the providers of specialist youth care with whom the municipality has a contract.

You can use the care purchased by the municipality. For this you need a referral from:

  • The Youth Consultants of the Municipality of Culemborg;
  • or the general practitioner;
  • or a certified institution;
  • or a medical specialist such as a paediatrician.

Contact your municipality to apply for youth assistance for your child:

Organize youth care yourself

You can also contact the Culemborg Social Team by telephone. The Social Team works at 2 locations in Culemborg. They have weekly walk-in hours.

  • E-mail:
  • Telephone: 088 0017755 (available from Monday to Friday from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm)


  • De Salaamander, Heimanslaan 2 
  • BonVie, Admiraalvlinderlaan 1

You do not have to pay a personal contribution for care and support under the Youth Act.

Do you think that the care offered by the municipality is not sufficient or suitable? Or do you need a different kind of care for your child? Then you can apply for a personal budget (pgb). You can do this by contacting the youth consultants of the municipality.

The municipality strives to conduct an investigation within 6 weeks of registration. If this results in an application, the municipality has 2 weeks to reach a formal decision.

If you do not agree with this decision, you can object in writing. You submit the objection to:

College van Burgemeester en Wethouders
Postbus 136 
4100 AC Culemborg 

Please indicate what you are objecting to and the reason for your objection. Your objection can only be processed if it has been received by us six weeks after the date on which this decision was sent.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Culemborg

Visiting address

Ridderstraat 250

4100AC Culemborg

Opening hours
9:00 - 16:00
9:00 - 19:00
9:00 - 16:00
9:00 - 16:00
9:00 - 12:00
Last updated on 26 September 2022