Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Hilvarenbeek: applying to get married

You register your marriage with the municipality, providing all the details about yourself, your partner and your witnesses. This can be done up to 2 weeks before the wedding date. You can do it online or at the town hall.

Arrange directly online

If neither you nor your partner live in the Netherlands, you must give notice of your marriage in the municipality of Den Haag (The Hague). You can find more information on how to register a marriage for Dutch citizens living outside the Netherlands at the website.

Do you want to conclude a marriage or partnership? This can be done at the town hall or at a location of your choice. You must report this to us in advance. You do not have to live in our municipality to get married or to register a partnership.

Capture date

Before you get married or register your partnership, you first set a date by notifying us of your plans. You can set the date at least 2 weeks and a maximum of 1 year before the date You both need DigiD for this. You select a wedding date, a wedding location and indicate a preference for a wedding official.

Free marriage or partnership

This is possible on Monday morning from 9:00 am to 9:30 am. Only the two witnesses and any children of the couple may be present. You cannot choose a wedding officiant. You do not have a meeting with the wedding officiant beforehand.

Shortened ceremony

You can also opt for a shortened ceremony. The marriage or partnership registration takes place in the B&W room at the town hall on Monday to Thursday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
The ceremony lasts a maximum of 15 minutes. You may bring 6 guests, including your witnesses. A marriage registrar performs the marriage or partnership. The wedding official gives a short speech. Also with this abbreviated ceremony you cannot choose a wedding official or have a meeting in advance.

Foreign nationality

Were you born abroad? Or have you lived abroad? Do you not have Dutch nationality? Do you live abroad, but do you want to get married in the Netherlands? Depending on your personal circumstances, you and your partner may need different documents. Please contact us for this.

You pay a fee for this service. For more information, contact the municipality.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hilvarenbeek

Last updated on 5 December 2022