Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee: applying to get married

You must report a proposed marriage directly to the civil registrar of the municipality where you want to get married.

Please note: if you both do not live in the Netherlands and you and/or your partner have Dutch nationality, the notification of intended marriage must be submitted to the municipality of The Hague.

In the municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee you can only report a proposed marriage (at the moment) in person and by appointment.

Make an appointment online(link is external)

Both partners must be present at the notification.

As soon as you have agreed a date for the report with the municipality, you will receive a question/witness form. You must submit this form at the latest when you report your intended marriage. You must therefore immediately submit a copy of proof of identity for both of you and of the witnesses. At a marriage, a minimum of two and a maximum of four adult witnesses must be present.


  • questionnaire/witness form
  • copies of your and your partner's ID
  • copies of IDs of your adult witnesses

The registrar of births, marriages and deaths assesses your documents. When in doubt, the registry office will ask for additional documents, such as a foreign birth certificate that has never been shown before or proof of divorce from abroad.

If you were born abroad, if you have a foreign nationality or if you have (or have been) living abroad, different conditions may apply. In this case you can contact one of our employees.

You must pay the costs when reporting your intended marriage.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee

Visiting address

Koningin Julianaweg 45

3241XB Middelharnis

Opening hours
08:00 - 12:00
08:00 - 17:00
08.00 - 17.00
08:00 - 17:00
18:00 - 20:00
08:00 - 12:00
Last updated on 11 November 2022