Single Digital Gateway

Applying for special social assistance

If you have a low income and it is impossible for you to pay exceptional and unexpected costs, you may be entitled to extra financial support from the municipality. This is called special social assistance (bijzondere bijstand).

Special social assistance is subject to the following conditions among others:

  • you are lawfully living and staying in the Netherlands.
  • you do not have enough income and funds to pay the costs yourself.
  • you are at least 18 years old.
  • you have expenses due to an exceptional or urgent situation, such as surgery or moving house.
  • you cannot cover the costs in any other way.;

Your municipality can tell you what other conditions apply in your situation.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Alphen-Chaam: Applying for special social assistance

Please note: you can apply for bijzondere bijstand (special social assistance) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

You can apply for special social assistance from the municipality if you:

  • live in the municipality of Alphen-Chaam;
  • incurred the costs in the Netherlands.

Contact the municipality

The municipality will send you a letter within 8 weeks. It will state whether you will receive special social assistance and how much you will receive.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Alphen-Chaam

Visiting address

Willibrordplein 1

5131AV Alphen NB

Opening hours
08:30 - 12:00
17:00 - 19:00
08:30 - 12:00
08:30 - 12:00
Last updated on 21 September 2022