Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Oldenzaal: applying for an Attestatie de vita (Certificate of life)

You can apply for an Attestatie de vita  (certificate of life) from the municipality where you live and are registered. You can only make the application yourself. Someone else cannot do it for you. You must make an appointment with the municipality to apply for a certificate of life.

Making an appointment with the municipality

We only work by appointment.

Make an appointment

If you prefer not to schedule the appointment online, you can also do this by telephone on telephone number (0541) 58 81 11.

You can only request proof of being alive from the municipality where you are registered.

Do you need proof of being alive while you're abroad? Then the registrar of births, marriages and deaths must sign it.

To request an extract, you need:

- A valid ID

- A statement of the reason for requesting proof of life. For example, if you need proof for a pension application, you must submit a statement showing this.

Please note: You must apply for your proof of life yourself. No one else can do this for you.

A certificate of life costs: € 13,-

You pay a fee for this service. For more information, contact the municipality.

You will receive the certificate immediately.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Oldenzaal

Last updated on 12 April 2023