Single Digital Gateway

Applying for an Attestatie de vita (Certificate of life) in the Netherlands

The Attestatie de vita is a document that you can use outside the Netherlands to prove that you are alive. Some organizations, such as a pension fund, may request you to produce this document. In the Netherlands you can use the document Bewijs van in leven zijn (Proof of being alive) for the same purpose.

The Attestation de vita is a document in French and Dutch for international use.

Do you need to use such a proof in the Netherlands? Then you need to apply for the document Bewijs van in leven zijn (Proof of being alive).

You can request both documents from your municipality of residence.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Nunspeet: Applying for an Attestatie de vita (Certificate of life)

​You request an Attestation de vita if a foreign organization needs proof that you are alive. Make an appointment for this. You request this in person so that the civil registrar can establish that you are alive at the time the document is drawn up.

Making an appointment with the municipality


By telephone:


By email:


  • You are registered in the municipality of Nunspeet
  • You bring a valid proof of identity (passport, ID card or driving licence).
  • When you apply for an Attestation de vita for a pension, you must bring the letter from the pension fund with you. The document will then be provided free of charge

A certificate of life costs: € 14,30

You will receive the certificate immediately.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Nunspeet

Last updated on 22 September 2022