Single Digital Gateway

Applying for an Attestatie de vita (Certificate of life) in the Netherlands

The Attestatie de vita is a document that you can use outside the Netherlands to prove that you are alive. Some organizations, such as a pension fund, may request you to produce this document. In the Netherlands you can use the document Bewijs van in leven zijn (Proof of being alive) for the same purpose.

The Attestation de vita is a document in French and Dutch for international use.

Do you need to use such a proof in the Netherlands? Then you need to apply for the document Bewijs van in leven zijn (Proof of being alive).

You can request both documents from your municipality of residence.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Hoogeveen: Applying for an Attestatie de vita (Certificate of life)

You can apply for an Attestatie de vita or a certificate of life from the municipality where you live and are registered. You can only make the application yourself. Someone else cannot do it for you. You must make an appointment with the municipality to apply for a certificate of life.

  • A valid ID card, passport or drivers licence.
  •  Do you need the certificate for your retirement fund? In this case you need the letter from the fund in which this is asked for.

You can request your certificate of life in person at the counter of your municipality or online.

The Attestatie de vita can only be applied for personally at the counter of your municipality.

You pay a fee for a certificate of life or Attestatie de vita.

For more information, please contact the municipality: +31528291911 of .

You will receive the certificate immediately.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hoogeveen

Visiting address

Raadhuisplein 24

7901BW Hoogeveen

Opening hours
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 20:00
9:00 - 13:00
Last updated on 22 September 2022