Single Digital Gateway

Viewing data in the Basisregistratie Personen (BRP) in the Netherlands

Would you like to find out how your name, date of birth and other personal details appear in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP)? You can view these at any time. If you have children under the age of 18, you can also view the information held about them. The same applies for any children for whom you have parental authority.

Would you like to view the personal data held about you in the BRP? You can do so by logging in to the website. Another way is via your municipality.

Authorising someone else to view your data in the BRP

If you want someone else to be able to view your data on your behalf, you can apply to the municipality to have them authorised. This is not necessary if a guardian has been appointed to regulate your personal welfare and your property and financial affairs. Your guardian will be authorised automatically.

Rectifying incorrect information in the BRP

If any of the data held on you in the BRP is incorrect, contact your municipality to correct it.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

information in the basic registration of persons

View data

If you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality, you can view your data online or by appointment at the service desk. If you book an appointment, take proof of identity with you.

Your data in the BRP is incorrect?

Please provide us with the correct data.

  • Online 
  • At the service desk: this requires an appointment  
  • In writing: send your request to Meerssen. In your letter, specify what you want to change and enclose the proof (this may be a copy)

New identity document required if data is amended

You will need a new identity document if you amend any of the following data:

  • first name
  • surname
  • date of birth
  • sex

Your old passport, identity card, driving licence or residence permit will no longer be valid once the municipality has amended your data. Make sure you apply for a new identity document as soon as possible. You will be charged for a new identity document.

The conditions for requesting someone else's personal data are:

  • You do not use the data you request for commercial purposes.
  • You explain why you need the data.
  • You will only receive standard data from the basic registration of persons, such as:
    • name
    • address
    • residence

You can request confidentiality for:

  • your own personal data
  • the personal data of your children up to and including 16 years of age

You need:

  • a copy of your valid identity document (passport, Dutch identity card, or driving licence);
  • proof of the correct data.

This is how you view your personal data in the Personal Records Database (BRP):

For example, you can request information from the basic registration of persons or request confidentiality:

  • Log in with your DigiD at your municipality.
  • Enter your information.

Free of charge.

You will find out within 4 weeks whether we can amend your data.

You can object to the decision on your application. Do this within 6 weeks. Do you subsequently disagree with the decision on the notice of objection? Then file an appeal with the court.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Meerssen