Single Digital Gateway

Viewing data in the Basisregistratie Personen (BRP) in the Netherlands

Would you like to find out how your name, date of birth and other personal details appear in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP)? You can view these at any time. If you have children under the age of 18, you can also view the information held about them. The same applies for any children for whom you have parental authority.

Would you like to view the personal data held about you in the BRP? You can do so by logging in to the website. Another way is via your municipality.

Authorising someone else to view your data in the BRP

If you want someone else to be able to view your data on your behalf, you can apply to the municipality to have them authorised. This is not necessary if a guardian has been appointed to regulate your personal welfare and your property and financial affairs. Your guardian will be authorised automatically.

Rectifying incorrect information in the BRP

If any of the data held on you in the BRP is incorrect, contact your municipality to correct it.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Viewing data in the Basisregistratie Personen

Do you want to know what information we have about you? Or, for example, do you want to change or delete your data because they are incorrect?

Right of access

You can ask us for an overview of the data we have about you, why, where it comes from, who received it and how long we keep it. You can also request a copy of your file for the Youth Act, Social Support Act and the Participation Act.

Would you like to see which of your or your children's details are in the Municipal Personal Records Database (BRP)? You can request this from us. You can also view it on under 'Personal data'. You need DigiD for this.

Right to modify, supplement and delete

Is the information we have about you incorrect, incomplete or not necessary? Then you can ask us to adjust, supplement or delete your personal data.

Right to restriction

You can ask us to temporarily not use your data:

  • as long as your request to adjust or delete your data or your objection has not yet been completed.
  • if we should actually delete your data, but you do not want this.

Right to transfer

You can ask us to transfer your digital data to you or another organization. This is only possible if we have your data with your permission or for an agreement.

You need DigiD

Make a request for personal data online. This is only possible with DigiD.

You can also make your request by post or e-mail. To ensure that the request has been made by you, we may ask for your proof of identity.

Free of charge.

You will find out within 4 weeks whether we can amend your data.

You can object to the use of your data by the municipality. You can do this via the Bezwaar maken page.

Report complaint

If you are not satisfied with how we handle your data, you can submit a complaint via the Klacht over de gemeente page.

If we cannot come to an agreement together, you can also submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. The Dutch Data Protection Authority is the national supervisory authority.


Your rights to your personal data are set out in these laws:

  • General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
  • Police Data Act (Wpg)
  • Basic Registration of Persons Act (BRP)
  • Youth law
  • Social Support Act (Wmo)
  • Participation Act

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hoorn