Single Digital Gateway

Viewing data in the Basisregistratie Personen (BRP) in the Netherlands

Would you like to find out how your name, date of birth and other personal details appear in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP)? You can view these at any time. If you have children under the age of 18, you can also view the information held about them. The same applies for any children for whom you have parental authority.

Would you like to view the personal data held about you in the BRP? You can do so by logging in to the website. Another way is via your municipality.

Authorising someone else to view your data in the BRP

If you want someone else to be able to view your data on your behalf, you can apply to the municipality to have them authorised. This is not necessary if a guardian has been appointed to regulate your personal welfare and your property and financial affairs. Your guardian will be authorised automatically.

Rectifying incorrect information in the BRP

If any of the data held on you in the BRP is incorrect, contact your municipality to correct it.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Viewing data in the Basisregistratie Personen (BRP) in the Netherlands

The Personal Records Database (BRP) contains personal data of residents of the Netherlands. The BRP also contains data on people who have left the Netherlands. It is important that you are correctly registered in the BRP.

  • View data
    • Do you want to view your data? You can then submit a request.
  • Have data corrected
    • Do you believe that your personal data is incorrect? Then you can request correction of your data. Source documents are required to change this data. This shows that your current data is incorrect. If these source documents are accepted, the municipality will adjust your data.
  • Have data deleted Sometimes you can also have data removed. 
    • Do you have an adopted child who is younger than 16 years old? Or were you adopted yourself? You can then have certain data removed. This is only possible if it concerns data from before the adoption. This is also possible with data from before sex reassignment.

You can submit your request online. You can do this with the form below.

Request for access, correction or deletion (in Dutch) Log in with your DigiD username and password.

Free of charge.

You will find out within 4 weeks whether we can amend your data.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Heerde