Single Digital Gateway

Viewing data in the Basisregistratie Personen (BRP) in the Netherlands

Would you like to find out how your name, date of birth and other personal details appear in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP)? You can view these at any time. If you have children under the age of 18, you can also view the information held about them. The same applies for any children for whom you have parental authority.

Would you like to view the personal data held about you in the BRP? You can do so by logging in to the website. Another way is via your municipality.

Authorising someone else to view your data in the BRP

If you want someone else to be able to view your data on your behalf, you can apply to the municipality to have them authorised. This is not necessary if a guardian has been appointed to regulate your personal welfare and your property and financial affairs. Your guardian will be authorised automatically.

Rectifying incorrect information in the BRP

If any of the data held on you in the BRP is incorrect, contact your municipality to correct it.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Adjust data in the basic registration of persons (BRP)

Everyone who lives in the Netherlands must be registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP). Are your data in the BRP incorrect? Or do you want to have your data changed or deleted after an adoption or gender change? In that case, pass this on to the municipality in which you live.


The Personal Records Database (BRP) contains your personal data such as your current address, marital status, gender and nationality. Some data is automatically adjusted. For example, if you get married in the Netherlands. You provide other information yourself, such as a move.

You can view your data via (link is external). Are your data in the BRP not (any longer) correct? Immediately notify the municipality of the change. The municipality will then adjust your data.

Are you adopted? Or have you changed gender? At your request, the municipality can adjust or delete data from before adoption or gender reassignment.

After adoption, the municipality can change or delete data about:

  • your name
  • one or both parents
  • the nationality lost upon adoption
  • address details before the adoption
  • data on immigration and emigration before adoption

After a gender change, the municipality can change or delete data about:

  • your name
  • your gender
  • the use of the surname of your (ex-) spouse or (ex-) registered partner

If your data in the BRP is incorrect, you must be able to prove this. You must also be able to demonstrate what the correct data are.

The conditions for changing or deleting the data after adoption or gender reassignment are:

  • There is talk of adoption or gender reassignment.
  • This concerns data from before the adoption or the gender change.
  • The adoption or gender change has been completed.
  • You are older than 16 years.

You can submit a request for correction of your data in the Personal Records Database online. The form can be found in the Forms section below.

Prefer to go to the town hall? Make an appointment first (link is external).

This is how you report a change of incorrect data in the Personal Records Database (BRP):

  • Come personally to the municipality where you are registered.
  • You take with you:
    • your valid ID
    • proof of the wrong data, such as a letter with your name wrong
    • proof of the correct data, such as proof of divorce or birth certificate

How to request a change or deletion of data after adoption or gender reassignment:

  • You must submit a written application to the municipality in which you are registered.
  • With your application you send:
    • a copy of your valid ID
    • proof of the correct data
    • for data on gender reassignment: a statement from an expert

Were you born abroad and do you have Dutch nationality? Then you submit the application to the municipality of The Hague.

Deeds and supporting documents from a country within the European Union:

  • You must also have a multilingual model form for each deed.
  • Are the supporting documents not in Dutch, English, French or German? Then a sworn translator must translate them. Documents sometimes need to be legalized or have an apostille.

Deeds and supporting documents from a country outside the European Union:

  • If the deeds or supporting documents are not in Dutch, English, French or German, you must have them translated by a sworn interpreter or translator. In addition, you must have some foreign documents legalized or they must contain an apostille.

More information about the use of documents from abroad can be found at is external)

Free of charge.

The municipality will decide within 4 weeks about adjusting the data. Does it concern information about your marital status or nationality? In that case, the municipality can extend the term by 8 weeks. The deletion of data from before an adoption or gender change takes place within 4 weeks.

If the municipality does not implement your changes, you can object within 6 weeks.

Can the municipality not correct your data? Report errors in government registrations to the Meldpunt

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee

Visiting address

Koningin Julianaweg 45

3241XB Middelharnis

Opening hours
08:00 - 12:00
08:00 - 17:00
08.00 - 17.00
08:00 - 17:00
18:00 - 20:00
08:00 - 12:00