Single Digital Gateway

Viewing data in the Basisregistratie Personen (BRP) in the Netherlands

Would you like to find out how your name, date of birth and other personal details appear in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP)? You can view these at any time. If you have children under the age of 18, you can also view the information held about them. The same applies for any children for whom you have parental authority.

Would you like to view the personal data held about you in the BRP? You can do so by logging in to the website. Another way is via your municipality.

Authorising someone else to view your data in the BRP

If you want someone else to be able to view your data on your behalf, you can apply to the municipality to have them authorised. This is not necessary if a guardian has been appointed to regulate your personal welfare and your property and financial affairs. Your guardian will be authorised automatically.

Rectifying incorrect information in the BRP

If any of the data held on you in the BRP is incorrect, contact your municipality to correct it.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Viewing data in the Basisregistratie Personen (BRP) in the Netherlands

Do you live in the Netherlands and are you registered with a municipality? Then you can view your BRP data online, or by appointment at the desk with the municipality. You can also request an extract. Bring your ID with you to the appointment.

View data or request an extract

  • Online: View your information online
  • In person: Make an appointment with the municipality
  • In writing: send a letter with a copy of your valid ID to Gemeente Alphen-Chaam, Postbus 3, 5130 AA Alphen. State that you need the extract BRP and for what purpose.

Are the details in the BRP incorrect?

Please contact the municipality if any data in the BRP is not correct. Please note that you must apply for a new proof of identity after changing the BRP data below: 

New identity document required if data is amended

You will need a new identity document if you amend any of the following data:

  • first name
  • surname
  • date of birth
  • gender

Your old passport, identity card, drivers license and/or residence document will no longer be valid once the municipality has changed your details. You will have to pay for the cost of a new identity document yourself.

Viewing your data is free of charge. If you want to take, receive or have an extract changed, there will be a charge.

The extract will be processed and sent by post within five working days. Please note that postal delivery may take longer.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Alphen-Chaam

Visiting address

Willibrordplein 1

5131AV Alphen NB

Opening hours
08:30 - 12:00
17:00 - 19:00
08:30 - 12:00
08:30 - 12:00