Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Culemborg: registering with the municipality

A 'first registration' declaration is for people who settle in Culemborg for the first time from abroad and who plan to stay in the Netherlands for more than four months. Make an appointment with the municipality for this.

All family members who wish to be registered must come to the appointment with you. This includes babies, young children and elderly people.

  • ID card;
  • birth certificate (possibly legalized and translated into Dutch, English, German or French);
  • rental contract or purchase contract or declaration of co-occupancy or written permission from the housing association;
  • if applicable: provisional residence permit (MVV);
  • if applicable: marriage certificate.

If you are coming from Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Saba, Sint Eustatius or Sint Maarten:

  • proof of deregistration.

Anyone who settles from abroad must report in person (including children). You register at the city desk in the Personal Records Database.

It is also intended for people who have previously been registered, but who have deregistered abroad. You must bring documents of facts that happened abroad, such as a marriage, divorce or the birth of a child. The same applies as with the first location.

To obtain the correct forms, additional information, please contact the city desk. Phone number: +31 345 477 700.

Registration is free of charge. You must pay the costs of translating or legalising official documents that you may need to take with you.

The municipality will register you in the Basisregistratie Personen – BRP (Personal Records Database) during the actual appointment. You will receive a confirmation letter. The municipality will send your citizen service number (BSN) by post within 3 weeks.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Culemborg

Visiting address

Ridderstraat 250

4100AC Culemborg

Opening hours
9:00 - 16:00
9:00 - 19:00
9:00 - 16:00
9:00 - 16:00
9:00 - 12:00
Last updated on 29 December 2022