Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Oss: registering a foreign document

Please note: you can register a foreign document only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Do you want to register a foreign document? You must book an appointment with the municipality in order to do so.

You must bring the following documents to the appointment:

  • the original document;
  • your passport and/or identity card (or a copy thereof);
  • an official translation of the document by a sworn translator; this is only necessary if the document is not in Dutch, English, German or French.

Are you having a document legalised for someone else? If so, you will also need an authorisation form.

Document entered in the municipality’s BRP

The municipality will then enter your document in the Basisregistratie Personen – BRP (Personal Records Database).

Having a document converted into a Dutch document

Do you wish to have your document converted into an official Dutch document? If so, you must first register your foreign document with the municipality in which you are registered. The municipality will enter the document in the BRP. You can then have the document converted into a Dutch document in the municipality of Den Haag.

To do this, make an appointment with the municipality of Den Haag.

The registration of a foreign document is free of charge.

It takes a maximum of 4 months to have a foreign document converted into a Dutch document. Urgent requests are not possible.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Oss

Visiting address

Raadhuislaan 2

5341GM Oss

Opening hours
09.00 - 17.00
09.00 - 17.00
09.00 - 17.00
09.00 - 17.00
09.00 - 17.00
Last updated on 9 December 2022