Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Gulpen-Wittem: registering a divorce in the civil registry

Where you register your divorce depends on your situation.

If you got divorced in the Netherlands

Did you get married and divorced in the Netherlands? Then your lawyer will send the divorce decree to the civil registrar in the municipality where you got married. The registrar will then register your divorce.

Your lawyer must send the documents to: Municipality of Gulpen-Wittem.

Do you live in a municipality other than the one in which you got married? Then the registrar will inform your municipality of residence.

If you got divorced outside of the Netherlands

Did you get divorced outside of the Netherlands and you live in the Netherlands? Then you must have your divorce registered in the Basisregistratie Personen – BRP (Personal Records Database). You do this at the municipality in which you are registered.

Contact us via e-mail:

Tel. 14 043 of vanuit het buitenland tel. 0031 43 8800 600.

No Fee

Once the municipality has received the documents, it will register the divorce as soon as possible. The divorce becomes official as soon as the municipality registers it in the civil registry.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Gulpen-Wittem

Visiting address

Willem Vliegenstraat 12 12

6271DA Gulpen

Opening hours
9.00 - 16.30
9.00 - 16.30
9.00 - 16.30
9.00 - 19.00
9.00 - 12.30
Last updated on 16 November 2022