Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee: registering a divorce in the civil registry

You apply for a divorce from the court. After that, your lawyer, yourself or your former partner will report the divorce to the municipality where you got married.


You must go to court to apply for a divorce. You need a lawyer for this. As soon as the municipality registers the divorce in the registry office, the divorce is official.

How to report a divorce:

  • You apply for a divorce from the court. You need a lawyer for this.
  • Your lawyer sends the court's decision to the municipality. You can also report this yourself to the municipality. Your former partner may also do this. You do this at the municipality where you were married.
  • You send the following documents to the municipality:
    • a written request for registration in the register of civil status
    • proof of the court's decision (the decision)
    • proof that you are not appealing against the judge's decision (the deeds of resignation)

You must report this within 6 months of the court's final decision.

Once the municipality has received the documents, it will register the divorce as soon as possible. The divorce becomes official as soon as the municipality registers it in the civil registry.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee

Visiting address

Koningin Julianaweg 45

3241XB Middelharnis

Opening hours
08:00 - 12:00
08:00 - 17:00
08.00 - 17.00
08:00 - 17:00
18:00 - 20:00
08:00 - 12:00
Last updated on 11 September 2023