Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Delft: registering a divorce in the civil registry

You may apply for dissolution of your registered civil partnership. This is arranged in court. Next you must have the dissolution of your civil partnership registered with the municipality. After this the dissolution is definite.

You need a lawyer to be able to dissolve your civil partnership. Your lawyer will apply to the court for dissolution of your civil partnership. The court pronounces the dissolution.

Registering with the municipality

Has the court pronounced its final decision? And has the possibility of appeal expired? Then have the dissolution of your civil partnership registered within 6 months at the municipality where you concluded your civil partnership. This is usually arranged by the lawyer on your behalf.

Registration of dissolution of civil partnership is free of charge.

Once your municipality has received the documents, it will register the divorce as soon as possible. The divorce becomes official as soon as your municipality registers it in the civil registry.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Delft

Visiting address

Stationsplein 1

2611BV Delft

Opening hours
8:30 - 17:00
8:30 - 17:00
8:30 - 17:00
8:30 - 17:00
8:30 - 17:00
Last updated on 25 January 2024