Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Hollands Kroon: registering a civil partnership

Do you want to get married or enter into a registered partnership in Hollands Kroon? You can arrange this online.

Anyone who marries or enters into a registered partnership automatically does so in limited community of property.

There are rules for getting married or entering into a registered partnership:

  • You and your partner are both eighteen years or older.
  • You may not already be married or have a registered partnership. This does not apply if it concerns a conversion from a partnership to a marriage.
  • You may not marry your own child, brother, sister, parent, grandparent, grandchild, half-brother or half-sister.
  • Are you under guardianship? Then you need permission from the curator or subdistrict court judge.
  • You should not be forced to get married.
  • You may not get married to obtain a right of residence in the Netherlands.
  • Please note: A marriage is recognized in every country. This is not always the case with a registered partnership. This can lead to problems with legal transactions abroad. Especially with partners where one or both were not born in the Netherlands. It is wise to check with the embassy or consulate of the country you come from.

Free marriages/registered partnerships

In the case of a free marriage/registered partnership, only your witnesses may be present at the ceremony in the town hall. This is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 witnesses. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hollands Kroon

Last updated on 23 February 2024