Single Digital Gateway

Registering a civil partnership in the Netherlands

Do you want to form a civil partnership? If so, you must first notify the municipality. You must do this at least 2 weeks and a maximum of 1 year before you want to form the civil partnership.

The registration of a civil partnership is subject to a number of conditions (in Dutch), such as: 

  • you must be at least 18 years of age; 
  • you cannot enter into a civil partnership with someone who is already married or in a civil partnership
  • you cannot be related to one other, e.g. grandparent, grandchild, parent, child or sibling. 

Do you want to enter a civil partnership in the Netherlands with a foreign citizen? There are other conditions that must be met.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Halderberge: Registering a civil partnership

You make a number of choices when planning and registering your intention to enter a civil partnership. These choices relate to the type of ceremony and the venue. The costs depend on your wishes and the possibilities in the municipality of Halderberge. Please contact us via +31 165 390 500. We can talk about the date you have in mind for the ceremony. After that you can make reservations with a venue, if you wish.

You pay no fee for this service (please note: this is only the notification of your intention to enter a civil partnership. If you want to plan the ceremony, than contact us again). If you have any questions? Please contact our municipality via

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Halderberge

Visiting address

Parklaan 15

4731GJ Oudenbosch

Opening hours
08.30 -12.30
Last updated on 21 September 2022