Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Elburg: registering a civil partnership

If you want to get married or enter into a registered partnership, you must inform the municipality where you want to get married (previously banns). You must make this notification at least 2 weeks and a maximum of 1 year before the wedding date. Please indicate the date, preference for marriage registrar, location and time for your marriage or registered partnership.

  • You are 18 years or older.
  • Are unmarried and also not registered as someone's partner.
  • You are not a direct relative of your partner (no parent or child, no grandparent or grandchild, no brother or sister and no half-brother or half-sister).
  • You bring a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 witnesses, who are 18 years or older.
  • You must report this to the municipality where you want to get married or enter into a partnership no later than 2 weeks before the marriage or the partnership registration.

Registering an intended civil partnership

You register your intended civil partnership with the municipality in which you wish to enter the civil partnership. Provide the details of yourself, your partner and your witnesses. This can be done up to 2 weeks before the ceremony date. You can do it online or at the town hall.

Notification of marriage or partnership with DigiD

To make use of the free marriage, at least one of the partners must be a resident of our municipality. Besides you and your partner, only the witnesses can be present. The ceremony lasts a maximum of 10 minutes and takes place in a consultation room.

You pay costs for the application for a registered partnership.

Marriage/registered partnership costs

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Elburg

Visiting address

Zuiderzeestraatweg Oost 19

8081LA Elburg

Opening hours
Last updated on 3 April 2024