Do you want to form a civil partnership? If so, you must first notify the municipality. You must do this at least 2 weeks and a maximum of 1 year before you want to form the civil partnership.
The registration of a civil partnership is subject to a number of conditions (in Dutch), such as:
- you must be at least 18 years of age;
- you cannot enter into a civil partnership with someone who is already married or in a civil partnership
- you cannot be related to one other, e.g. grandparent, grandchild, parent, child or sibling.
Do you want to enter a civil partnership in the Netherlands with a foreign citizen? There are other conditions that must be met.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Marriage or registered partnership
Are you getting married? Congratulations! If you get married in the municipality of Coevorden, it is important to arrange a number of matters. This way you are well prepared. All important matters can be found on this page. In the information we talk about getting married. The same conditions apply to a registered partnership.
You can report your plans 1 year before your wedding day. Please report it at least two weeks in advance. You must complete the mandatory 'notification of intended marriage or registered partnership'. The notification used to be called 'announcements'. You also pay the costs immediately when you report online.
To make a report, you will need the following:
- DigiD login details of you and your partner.
- Valid IDs for you and your partner.
- Clear copies of the valid IDs of your witnesses. Minimum two witnesses and maximum four witnesses. The witnesses must be 18 years or older.
- The desired date, time and place of the ceremony.
- The appointment confirmation of your own chosen location. This is not necessary if you are getting married at the Hof van Coevorden town hall or MFC 'de Brink' in Sleen.
- Your choice for the wedding officiant. If you do not want to make a choice, you can click 'no preference'.
You pay the costs with iDeal. If the payment is not successful, you must submit the notification again.
Monday to Friday: € 504,85. Saturday and outside office hours: €797,15. Monday at 9:00 am and 9:30 am, without ceremony: free
Contact details are not yet available for your municipality.
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Public Information Service