Do you want to form a civil partnership? If so, you must first notify the municipality. You must do this at least 2 weeks and a maximum of 1 year before you want to form the civil partnership.
The registration of a civil partnership is subject to a number of conditions (in Dutch), such as:
- you must be at least 18 years of age;
- you cannot enter into a civil partnership with someone who is already married or in a civil partnership
- you cannot be related to one other, e.g. grandparent, grandchild, parent, child or sibling.
Do you want to enter a civil partnership in the Netherlands with a foreign citizen? There are other conditions that must be met.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Geregistreerd partnerschap (Registered partnership)
You register your intended civil partnership with the municipality in which you wish to enter the civil partnership. Provide the details of yourself, your partner and your witnesses. This can be done up to 2 weeks before the ceremony date. You can do it online or at the town hall, check the website of the municipality of Bergeijk for more information.
You make a number of choices when planning and registering your intention to enter a civil partnership. These choices relate to the type of ceremony and the venue. The costs depend on your wishes and the possibilities in the municipality of Bergeijk.
The ceremony is the official part of entering your civil partnership. You can choose from:
- no ceremony (free of charge);
- elaborate ceremony.
If you choose an elaborate ceremony, you can choose who leads the ceremony. You can choose from:
- wedding registrar from the municipality. The wedding registrar will contact you a few weeks before the planned date to get acquainted. If you have a preference for a wedding registrar, please inform the municipality;
- your own wedding registrar. The condition is that the wedding registrar has already been sworn in at the court.
Location of the ceremony
You can hold the ceremony to enter your civil partnership at various locations in the municipality of Bergeijk. You can choose from:
- a municipal building;
- a location of your own choice.
If you want to hold the ceremony at a location of your choice, contact the municipality.
You pay a fee for this service. For more information, contact the municipality of Bergeijk.
Burgemeester Magneestraat 1