Single Digital Gateway

Paying the waste collection charge

You must pay the waste collection charge (afvalstoffenheffing) for the collection and processing of your household waste. The waste collection charge is part of the municipal taxes (gemeentelijke belastingen) and is billed by your municipality.

Municipalities calculate the amount of the waste collection charge in different ways. Some municipalities calculate the amount of the waste collection charge based of the size of your household. The larger your household, the more you pay. Other municipalities calculate the charge based on the amount of waste collected.

The waste collection charge is included in the municipal tax bill. This is usually sent out in the first 2 weeks of February.

Apply for an exemption on paying municipal taxes

Are you unable to pay your municipal taxes? Then ask your municipality for an exemption. You can be granted an exemption from paying part of the taxes, or all of the taxes. The municipality decides for which taxes you can be exempt from paying. It also determines whether you are eligible for an exemption.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Waste disposal charges

Please note. You only pay afvalstoffenheffing (waste disposal charges) if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

You pay the following waste disposal charge in the municipality of  Nederweert:

Fixed + variable rate

You pay a fixed rate and a variable rate.

The waste  disposal charges consist of a fixed right ad. € 141.60 and an amount per kilo of household waste offered:  € 0.21.

Waste collection charge letter

The municipality will send you a letter stating how much you have to pay for waste disposal. It will also state how and by what date you must pay.

Pay on time

Make sure that you pay on time. Otherwise you will have to pay a fine.


If your income is not that high, you may be eligible for a (full or partial) remission of municipal taxes. You apply for a waiver on your personal page on the BsGW website. Here you have the option to give permission to have your data checked. This assessment shows whether you are eligible for a remission. It is also possible to request a form from BsGW by telephone (+31 88 8420 420). You must reapply for this every year.

For more information about remission, see regulation on remission of municipal taxes   or on the website of BsGW.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Nederweert

Visiting address

Raadhuisplein 1

6031VR Nederweert

Opening hours
Last updated on 22 September 2022