Single Digital Gateway

Paying the waste collection charge

You must pay the waste collection charge (afvalstoffenheffing) for the collection and processing of your household waste. The waste collection charge is part of the municipal taxes (gemeentelijke belastingen) and is billed by your municipality.

Municipalities calculate the amount of the waste collection charge in different ways. Some municipalities calculate the amount of the waste collection charge based of the size of your household. The larger your household, the more you pay. Other municipalities calculate the charge based on the amount of waste collected.

The waste collection charge is included in the municipal tax bill. This is usually sent out in the first 2 weeks of February.

Apply for an exemption on paying municipal taxes

Are you unable to pay your municipal taxes? Then ask your municipality for an exemption. You can be granted an exemption from paying part of the taxes, or all of the taxes. The municipality decides for which taxes you can be exempt from paying. It also determines whether you are eligible for an exemption.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Paying the waste collection charge

Please note. You only pay afvalstoffenheffing (waste disposal charges) if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

You pay a fee for this service. For more information, contact the municipality via +31228 360 100.

If you do not agree with the waste tax assessment u can object online or in writing. You can file your objection online. You need your DigiD to do this.

In writing

You can also write your notice of objection. The notice needs to obtain:

  • name and address
  • date
  • signature
  • a clear reason why you do not agree with the imposed assesment. If necessary add pictures, quotes, drawings, authorization or other attachements. 
  • duidelijke reden waarom u het niet eens bent met de opgelegde aanslag. Voeg eventueel
    foto’s, offertes, tekeningen, een machtiging of andere bijlagen toe
  • to which decision you object. 
  • assesment number and address of the house or business premises

Send your notice of objection to:

Afdeling Financiën en Belastingen
Gemeente Enkhuizen
Postbus 11
1601 AA  Enkhuizen


Contact details are not yet available for your municipality.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Public Information Service

Last updated on 22 September 2022