Single Digital Gateway

Paying the waste collection charge

You must pay the waste collection charge (afvalstoffenheffing) for the collection and processing of your household waste. The waste collection charge is part of the municipal taxes (gemeentelijke belastingen) and is billed by your municipality.

Municipalities calculate the amount of the waste collection charge in different ways. Some municipalities calculate the amount of the waste collection charge based of the size of your household. The larger your household, the more you pay. Other municipalities calculate the charge based on the amount of waste collected.

The waste collection charge is included in the municipal tax bill. This is usually sent out in the first 2 weeks of February.

Apply for an exemption on paying municipal taxes

Are you unable to pay your municipal taxes? Then ask your municipality for an exemption. You can be granted an exemption from paying part of the taxes, or all of the taxes. The municipality decides for which taxes you can be exempt from paying. It also determines whether you are eligible for an exemption.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of De Wolden: Paying the waste collection charge

Please note. You only pay afvalstoffenheffing (waste disposal charges) if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Are you moving to another municipality or overseas? In this case the overpaid amount will be refunded to you.

There are costs you have to pay for waste collection charges.

The waste collection charges are a part of the municipal taxes.

It is possible to pay the municipal taxes in multiple installments or with a direct debit order.

For more information please contact the municipality:+31528378200  of .

Are you in disagreement with the received tax assessment note voor municipal taxes? (for example: waste disposal charges, property tax) In that case you can contact us. We will be able to explain this to you and try to find a solution together. After this it is possible to make an objection online. Making a formal objection is possible up to 6 weeks after the date on the assessment notice.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of De Wolden

Visiting address

Raadhuisstraat 2

7921GD Zuidwolde

Opening hours
8:30 - 13:30
8:30 - 13:30
8:30 - 16:00
18:00 - 20:00
8:30 - 13:30
8:30 - 13:30
Last updated on 22 September 2022