Parking your car or other vehicle is not free everywhere and at all times in the Netherlands. In some areas and at certain times you have to pay for parking. By paying for parking you also pay parking tax (parkeerbelasting). If you do not pay for parking where and when necessary you will be charged a penalty. This penalty is called a parking ticket (parkeerbon). If you disagree with the penalty you can challenge it with the municipality.
Sometimes it is unclear whether you have paid for parking, for example if:
- the parking attendant cannot see your parking receipt in your vehicle’s window;
- the parking period on the receipt has expired;
- you have not paid for your parking using a parking app;
- you have not registered your car’s registration number in the parking app.
You will then receive a notice to pay for parking, plus the penalty.
Do you disagree with a penalty and wish to challenge it? You can contact the municipality that issued it.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Paying parking tax
The cost of a parking ticket is:
- a flat fee of €72.90 + 1 standard hour of parking at the parking rate that applies there.
You can pay the parking ticket in the following ways:
Via iDEAL. You do this by logging in to your municipality’s ‘Mijn Belastingen’ service. You need your DigiD to do this.
Via your own bank: use the payment reference that appears on the assessment.
The municipality will send you the parking ticket within 2 working days.
You must pay the parking ticket within 14 days. What happens if you do not pay on time? You will be charged a further penalty.
Do you disagree with the charge? If so, you can lodge a complaint. You can do so by email, post or online. You must do so within 6 weeks.
How to appeal parking fines in Amsterdam
Contest your parking fine at nha.amsterdam.nl. Enter your vehicle details to find your fine.
Write a letter in Dutch (possibly in English). Make sure your objection includes at least:
- your name and address
- the date (the date you wrote the letter)
- the assessment number of the fine and the registration number of the car on which the fine was issued
- the reason for your objection
- your signature
Send your letter to:
Parkeerdiensten – Bezwaren
1000 CS Amsterdam
Do you have proof of payment or other documents to support your objection? Make a copy of the supporting documents (for written objections) or scan them if you submit the objection digitally and send the documents along.