Single Digital Gateway

Notifying the municipality when you move home

Are you moving home within the Netherlands? If so, notify the new municipality where you are going to live of your move. The new municipality will register you at your new address. You do not need to deregister from your old municipality.

The move can be notified by:

  • anyone aged 16 or older;
  • cohabiting spouses / civil partners on behalf of each other;
  • the parent, guardian or caregiver on behalf of minor children;
  • parents on behalf of adult children living with them;
  • adult children on behalf of parents living with them;
  • the conservator on behalf of a person placed under a conservatorship;
  • an authorised representative.

You must notify the new municipality where you are going to live that you are moving home. You must inform it of your new address no later than 4 weeks before the moving date, or within 5 days after the moving date.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Report your relocation

Please note: You can only report your move if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Submit online

Log in with DigiD and report your move online.

Submit at the counter

You can also make an appointment to pass on your move at the counter. Call +31 53 481 81 81 to make an appointment.

It is free to notify a move.

Your move will be processed within a maximum of 4 weeks. Usually this happens faster.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Enschede

Last updated on 22 September 2022