Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of De Wolden: notifying the municipality when you move home

Please note: you can notify the municipality when you move house only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Providing notification of your move

You can notify us of your moving online via DigiD.

  • When all the persons registered at one address are moving along with you, 1 person is allowed to report this. This also applies to parents and their adult children and for spouses or registered civil partners.
  • The changing of your address is made valid on the moving date set by you. If you notify us of your moving later than 5 days after your moving your address change will be made valid on the day of your notification. Are you moving to a different municipality than De Wolden? Your old municipality will automatically deregister you.
  • If you give the municipality wrong information you might be fined.

It is possible to authorise someone else to notify us of your moving. The authorised party will need the following documents:

  • Signed letter of authorisation.
  • Valid ID-card or passport.
  • Your valid ID-card or passport. A copy is also allowed.
  • The rental lease or purchase contract.

Living together or living-in

Are you moving in together? Are you moving in with someone who's already living there? Make sure to notify the municipality. You will need the following documents:

  • Written statement by the main resident.
  • Valid proof of ID (ID-card or passport) of the main resident.
  • Your valid ID-card and passport.

It is free to notify us of a move.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of De Wolden

Visiting address

Raadhuisstraat 2

7921GD Zuidwolde

Opening hours
8:30 - 13:30
8:30 - 13:30
8:30 - 16:00
18:00 - 20:00
8:30 - 13:30
8:30 - 13:30
Last updated on 4 January 2023