Single Digital Gateway

Notifying the municipality when you move home

Are you moving home within the Netherlands? If so, notify the new municipality where you are going to live of your move. The new municipality will register you at your new address. You do not need to deregister from your old municipality.

The move can be notified by:

  • anyone aged 16 or older;
  • cohabiting spouses / civil partners on behalf of each other;
  • the parent, guardian or caregiver on behalf of minor children;
  • parents on behalf of adult children living with them;
  • adult children on behalf of parents living with them;
  • the conservator on behalf of a person placed under a conservatorship;
  • an authorised representative.

You must notify the new municipality where you are going to live that you are moving home. You must inform it of your new address no later than 4 weeks before the moving date, or within 5 days after the moving date.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Notifying the municipality when you move home

If you are moving to or within Albrandswaard, please inform us of your change of address. Do this no later than 5 days after you have moved. You can also report your move earlier. This can be done a maximum of 4 weeks before the date of your move. 

Are you moving from Albrandswaard to another municipality? Then inform your new municipality of your move.

For more information contact the municipality at phone number +31 10 506 11 11 or send an e-mail to or fill in our contact form.

It is free to notify a move.


Contact details are not yet available for your municipality.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Public Information Service

Last updated on 22 September 2022