Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Oude IJsselstreek: exchanging a foreign driving licence for a Dutch driving licence

Please note: you have to live in the Netherlands and be registered with a municipality to exchange a foreign driving licence. You have to hand in your foreign driving licence when you apply. You are not allowed to drive until you have received your new driving licence.

For more information about exchanging your foreign driving licence please contact the municipality of Oude IJsselstreek, Contact met de gemeente | Gemeente Oude IJsselstreek (

You pay a fee for this service. For more information, contact the municipality, Contact met de gemeente | Gemeente Oude IJsselstreek (

It takes two to four weeks for the licences to be exchanged. You will receive a letter from the Rijksdienst voor het Wegverkeer – RDW (Netherlands Vehicle Authority) when you can collect your driving licence. You must collect your driving licence in person. You have three months to do this after you have received the letter from the RDW. After that time, the driving licence will be destroyed.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Oude IJsselstreek

Last updated on 31 December 2022