Single Digital Gateway

Applying for a Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (VOG) in the Netherlands

Many jobs in the Netherlands require you to have a Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag – VOG (certificate of conduct). This also includes volunteer work. Examples are if you are going to work with confidential information or with children. A VOG shows that your behaviour is satisfactory for a new job. You may also need a VOG to apply for a visa or if you want to emigrate to another country.

There are several ways to apply for a VOG:

Do you own a company or organisation that requires a VOG? Then you can apply for a VOG voor rechtspersonen – VOG RP (certificate of conduct for legal entities).

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Hoogeveen: Applying for a Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (VOG)

Please note: you can apply for a Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag – VOG (certificate of conduct) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

  • Fully filled in application form VOG.
  • Valid proof of ID (passport, ID-card or driver's license).

You will receive a form from your employer or another organisation. Alternatively you can download it yourself. Hand this form in at the municipal servicedesk: Raadhuisplein 24, Hoogeveen. Book an appointment for this online. You will be asked to pay either in cash or via card when applying or online via iDeal.

Applying online

You can only apply for a VOG if your application has been made ready by your employer or other organisation. The employer has already filled in and signed part of this form. You will receive an e-mail containing a link to the application form. You will need your DigiD for this.

Not registered in the BRP (Basic Persons Register)

Are you not (currently) registered in the BRP? Then you can send your application form to Justis. This is done, for example, when you are working here temporarily or live abroad.

VOG Youth help PGB

Would you like to extend your help to a child from a personal budget (PGB) and does the municipality not see you as a professional? Then you need a VOG Youth help PGB. This can also be applied for at the municipality.

There are fees involved when applying for a VOG. For more information contact the municipality: +31528291911 or

The ministry of Safety and Justice will review your application. Dienst Justis will send you your VOG by mail within 8 weeks. You will receive a letter if the ministry has decided to reject your application.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hoogeveen

Visiting address

Raadhuisplein 24

7901BW Hoogeveen

Opening hours
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 20:00
9:00 - 13:00
Last updated on 26 September 2022