Single Digital Gateway

Applying for study benefit for students with a disability

Do you receive government financial support for your tertiary or secondary education? Are you unable to earn extra income due to a chronic illness or disability? Then you may be eligible for study benefit (studietoeslag) from your municipality.

In all cases, the following conditions must be met to be eligible to receive study benefit:

  • you receive student finance (studiefinanciering) as a tertiary student or a basic allowance (basistoelage) for secondary students;
  • you cannot earn extra income alongside your studies because of your disability.
  • you are not entitled to the Wajong benefit

Ask your municipality about all the conditions that apply.

You can apply for study benefit at the municipality where you live, regardless of where you are studying.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of West Betuwe: Applying for study benefit for students with a disability

Please note: you can apply for a studietoeslag (study benefit) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

The following conditions apply:

  • You are 18 years or older.
  • You are entitled to student finance or an allowance for education and school costs.
  • You have no equity.
  • It has been established that you do not earn the statutory minimum wage due to your disability.
  • You have a permanent illness or disability, which means that you are unable to work alongside your studies.

You apply for an individual study allowance at Werkzaak Rivierenland. They can be reached on telephone number 088 - 937 50 00. Or send an email to

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of West Betuwe

Last updated on 26 September 2022