Do you receive government financial support for your tertiary or secondary education? Are you unable to earn extra income due to a chronic illness or disability? Then you may be eligible for study benefit (studietoeslag) from your municipality.
In all cases, the following conditions must be met to be eligible to receive study benefit:
- you receive student finance (studiefinanciering) as a tertiary student or a basic allowance (basistoelage) for secondary students;
- you cannot earn extra income alongside your studies because of your disability.
- you are not entitled to the Wajong benefit
Ask your municipality about all the conditions that apply.
You can apply for study benefit at the municipality where you live, regardless of where you are studying.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Steenwijkerland: Applying for study benefit for students with a disability
Please note: you can apply for a studietoeslag (study benefit) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
Do you want to follow a course but you have little capital? Then you may be eligible for an individual study allowance.
You can receive an individual study allowance if you meet all the conditions:
- You are 18 years or older.
- You are entitled to student finance or a student allowance.
- You cannot earn extra money in addition to your studies.