Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Midden-Delfland: applying for study benefit for students with a disability

Please note: you can apply for a studietoeslag (study benefit) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

The following conditions apply:

  • You are registered with the municipality of Midden-Delfland.
  • You do not receive Wajong benefits, which are benefits under the Wet arbeidsongeschiktheidsvoorziening jonggehandicapten (Law on the provision of incapacity benefit to disabled young people).
  • You receive student finance under the Wet op de studiefinanciering – WSF (Student Finance Act) or a contribution on the basis of the Wet tegemoetkoming onderwijsbijdrage en schoolkosten – WTOS (Fees and Educational Expenses (Allowances) Act).
  • You are fundamentally unable to earn an income alongside your studies due to illness or infirmity. You can demonstrate this by means of a recent medical report from a recognised medical examiner. That report shows that you have limited capacity due to your disability. The report may not be more than 2 years old. Do you not have that report? The municipality will assess whether you belong to the target group on the basis of the Verordening loonkostensubsidie (Wage Subsidy Regulation). You must cooperate with any investigation that may be required.

You apply for the study allowance from the municipality's Implementation – Work and Income Team. You can reach them by telephone (015) 380 41 11. You can email them via You can use the study allowance application form (pdf, 110 KB). Complete the form completely and send it back to the municipality of Midden-Delfland together with the appendices. Fill in the form in full and return it together with the attachments to gemeente Midden-Delfland.

You must upload/attach the following attachments to the application form:

  • A copy of a valid identity document (passport, identity card or verblijfsvergunning (residence permit) (not a driving licence).
  • A letter confirming the Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs – DUO (education implementation service) grant of your student finance. That can be based on either the WSF or the WTOS.
  • A copy of a bank statement specifying the name of the account and the account number into which the allowance will be deposited.
  • A copy of a recent medical report.

You must reapply for study benefit for each new school year.

The amount of the study allowance depends on your age (amounts as of July 2022)

15 years: €90.84 
16 years: € 104.46 
17 years: €119.60 
18 years: € 151.40 
19 years: € 181.67 
20 years: € 242.23 
from  21 years: € 302.79 

Payment is made monthly.

Study allowance and other income

If you receive wages or salary, you are not entitled to the study allowance. Not even during holiday work. If you work during the holidays, we will temporarily stop your study allowance. It can then be resumed. 

Are you going to do an internship and will you receive an internship allowance? In that case, you will remain entitled to study allowance, but we will deduct the excess above € 181.67 (amount as of 1 July 2022) from the study allowance.

You will receive a letter informing you of the outcome within 8 weeks of your application. What happens if the application is incomplete or more time is needed for the investigation? Processing may take longer than 8 weeks in such cases. The municipality can extend this term once.

Do you disagree with the council's decision? Then you can object within 6 weeks.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Midden-Delfland

Visiting address

Anna van Raesfeltstraat 37

2636HX Schipluiden

Opening hours
Last updated on 7 December 2022