Single Digital Gateway

Applying for study benefit for students with a disability

Do you receive government financial support for your tertiary or secondary education? Are you unable to earn extra income due to a chronic illness or disability? Then you may be eligible for study benefit (studietoeslag) from your municipality.

In all cases, the following conditions must be met to be eligible to receive study benefit:

  • you receive student finance (studiefinanciering) as a tertiary student or a basic allowance (basistoelage) for secondary students;
  • you cannot earn extra income alongside your studies because of your disability.
  • you are not entitled to the Wajong benefit

Ask your municipality about all the conditions that apply.

You can apply for study benefit at the municipality where you live, regardless of where you are studying.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Applying for study benefit for students with a disability

Please note: you can apply for a studietoeslag (study benefit) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

  • You are 15 years or older. 
  • You receive study financing based on the Student Financing Act 2000, or you receive a supplement based on Wet tegemoetkoming onderwijsbijdrage en schoolkosten (Wtos). 
  • You are unable to work during your studies due to a structural medical limitation.

The ISD Bollenstreek is a collaborative partnership of the municipalities Hillegom, Lisse, Noordwijk, and Teylingen. The ISD handles tasks related to social security and the Wmo (Social Support Act) for residents. You can contact ISD Bollenstreek for studietoeslag.


Contact details are not yet available for your municipality.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Public Information Service

Last updated on 26 September 2022