Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Leiden: applying for study benefit for students with a disability

Please note: you can apply for a studietoeslag (study allowance) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

You can apply for the study allowance if:

  • You live in Leiden or Leiderdorp or Leiderdorp.
  • You are 15 years or older.
  • You receive student finance (WSF 2000) or you receive an allowance for school costs for students (WTOS).
  • You do not receive a Wajong benefit.
  • You are unable to earn extra money alongside your studies due to an illness or permanent medical disability. You can demonstrate this by means of a statement from a specialist. If necessary, the municipality will request advice about your situation from an independent medical consultancy. You will receive an invitation from the consultancy for this.

You will receive a letter informing you of the outcome within 8 weeks of your application. What happens if the application is incomplete or more time is needed for the investigation? Processing may take longer than 8 weeks in such cases.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Leiden

Visiting address

Bargelaan 190

2333CW Leiden

Opening hours
09:00 - 17:00
09:00 - 17:00
09:00 - 17:00
09:00 - 17:00
17:00 - 20:00
09:00 - 17:00
09:00 - 12:30

Also useful

Last updated on 8 November 2023