Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Hoorn: applying for study benefit for students with a disability

Please note: you can apply for a studietoeslag (study benefit) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

The study allowance is for students aged 15 and older who, due to an occupational disability, are unable to earn money alongside their studies.

Amount of study allowance

The amount of the minimum allowance per month depends on your age:

  • 21 years: €328.59
  • 20 years: € 262.87
  • 19 years: € 197.15
  • 18 years: € 164.30
  • 17 years: € 129.79
  • 16 years : € 113.36
  • 15 years: €98.58

You can receive a study allowance if you meet the following conditions:

  • You are 15 years or older
  • You have Dutch nationality or a valid residence permit.
  • You live in the municipality of Hoorn.
  • You are entitled to student finance or an allowance for education contributions and school costs.
  • You are unable to earn money in addition to your studies due to a disability.
  • You are not entitled to a Wajong benefit.
  • You have no income from work. Do you receive an internship allowance? In that case, the amount you earn more will be deducted from your study allowance.

You apply for a study allowance via the contact form.

The municipality will contact you within 5 days to discuss your application.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hoorn

Last updated on 13 February 2023