Single Digital Gateway

Applying for study benefit for students with a disability

Do you receive government financial support for your tertiary or secondary education? Are you unable to earn extra income due to a chronic illness or disability? Then you may be eligible for study benefit (studietoeslag) from your municipality.

In all cases, the following conditions must be met to be eligible to receive study benefit:

  • you receive student finance (studiefinanciering) as a tertiary student or a basic allowance (basistoelage) for secondary students;
  • you cannot earn extra income alongside your studies because of your disability.
  • you are not entitled to the Wajong benefit

Ask your municipality about all the conditions that apply.

You can apply for study benefit at the municipality where you live, regardless of where you are studying.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Hoogeveen: Applying for study benefit for students with a disability

Please note: you can only apply for a studietoeslag (study benefit) if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

The following conditions apply:

  • You live in the municipality of Hoogeveen.
  • You are 15 years of age or older.
  • You are currently receiving an education where you have been granted education funding (studiefinanciering) or a relief for educational costs or tuition.
  • You are not permanently medically impaired.
  • You are not receiving Wajong/ZW/WW benefits.

Fill in the form and hand it in:

  • Via mail: Gemeente Hoogeveen, T.a.v. afdeling inkomensvoorzieningen, Antwoordnummer 8, 7900WB Hoogeveen.
  • Via e-mail: .
  • In person: you can deposit the required documents in the mailbox on the outside of the Werkplein, Dekkerplein 1 in Hoogeveen.

You should enclose the following documents with the form:

  • Valid proof of identity: passport, ID-card or both the front- and backside of a valid residence permit. A driver's license is not sufficient.
  • Enrollment of the school
  • Evidence from DUO (Educational financing document or a relief from educational costs or tuition)
  • Expert's statement (a doctor's statement, for example) that states you can't work in combination with your education.
  • Internship agreement which mentions the amount of internship allowance you receive.
  • Evidence of your income: wage, unemployment benefits, Ziektewetuitkering (if applicable).
  • Evidence of your bank account number.

The municipality will respond to your application within 8 weeks.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hoogeveen

Visiting address

Dekkerplein 1

7901BZ Hoogeveen

Opening hours
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 13:00
Last updated on 26 September 2022