Single Digital Gateway

Applying for study benefit for students with a disability

Do you receive government financial support for your tertiary or secondary education? Are you unable to earn extra income due to a chronic illness or disability? Then you may be eligible for study benefit (studietoeslag) from your municipality.

In all cases, the following conditions must be met to be eligible to receive study benefit:

  • you receive student finance (studiefinanciering) as a tertiary student or a basic allowance (basistoelage) for secondary students;
  • you cannot earn extra income alongside your studies because of your disability.
  • you are not entitled to the Wajong benefit

Ask your municipality about all the conditions that apply.

You can apply for study benefit at the municipality where you live, regardless of where you are studying.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Applying for study benefit for students with a disability

Please note: you can apply for a studietoeslag (study benefit) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

You are entitled to a study allowance if you:

lives in the municipality of Hollands Kroon;
are following education for which you can receive student financing under the Student Finance Act (WSF) or the Education Contribution and Study Costs Compensation Act (WTOS);
Due to a structural medical disability, you are unable to work alongside your school or training. To determine this, we can request independent medical advice. Structural medical limitations include both physical and psychological limitations;
The medical limitation must be structural. This means that you cannot work for at least a year due to the medical limitation;

You are not entitled to a study allowance if you:

are entitled to a Wajong benefit
can work

Internship allowances

It is sometimes necessary to do an internship for training. This may be mandatory or voluntary. In both cases you can and may receive an internship allowance. This is allowed in addition to the study allowance. In addition to the study allowance, you may receive an internship allowance of € 180 per month. Do you get more? We will then deduct the extra amount you receive from the amount of the study allowance.

Amount of study allowance

The amount of the study allowance depends on your age. Below you can see how high the study allowance is per age category per month.

21 years and older: €352.80
20 years: €282.23
19 years: €211.67
18 years: €176.40
17 years: €139.35
16 years: €121.71
15 years: €105.84

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hollands Kroon

Last updated on 26 September 2022