Do you receive government financial support for your tertiary or secondary education? Are you unable to earn extra income due to a chronic illness or disability? Then you may be eligible for study benefit (studietoeslag) from your municipality.
In all cases, the following conditions must be met to be eligible to receive study benefit:
- you receive student finance (studiefinanciering) as a tertiary student or a basic allowance (basistoelage) for secondary students;
- you cannot earn extra income alongside your studies because of your disability.
- you are not entitled to the Wajong benefit
Ask your municipality about all the conditions that apply.
You can apply for study benefit at the municipality where you live, regardless of where you are studying.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Studietoeslag (study benefit)
Please note: you can apply for a studietoeslag (study benefit) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
The following conditions apply:
- You are registered with the municipality of Hengelo, Borne of Haaksbergen.
- You do not receive Wajong benefits, which are benefits under the Wet arbeidsongeschiktheidsvoorziening jonggehandicapten (Law on the provision of incapacity benefit to disabled young people).
- You receive student finance under the Wet op de studiefinanciering – WSF (Student Finance Act) or a contribution on the basis of the Wet tegemoetkoming onderwijsbijdrage en schoolkosten – WTOS (Fees and Educational Expenses (Allowances) Act).
- You are fundamentally unable to earn an income alongside your studies due to illness or infirmity. You can demonstrate this by means of a recent medical report from a recognised medical examiner. That report shows that you have limited capacity due to your disability. The report may not be more than 2 years old. Do you not have that report? The municipality will assess whether you belong to the target group on the basis of the Verordening loonkostensubsidie (Wage Subsidy Regulation). You must cooperate with any investigation that may be required.
Fill in the form in full and return it together with the attachments to the municipality Hengelo.
You must upload/attach the following attachments to the application form:
- A copy of a valid identity document (passport, identity card or verblijfsvergunning (residence permit) (not a driving licence).
- A letter confirming the Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs – DUO (education implementation service) grant of your student finance. That can be based on either the WSF or the WTOS.
- A Proof of registration of your study or internship agreement.
- A copy of a bank statement specifying the name of the account and the account number into which the allowance will be deposited.
- A copy of a recent medical report.
You must reapply for study benefit for each new school year.
Study benefit amounts
The amount of the study benefit depends on your age. Check for more information the website.