Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Heerde: applying for study benefit for students with a disability

Please note: you can apply for a studietoeslag (study benefit) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

The following conditions apply:

  • You are 15 years or older and you are registered with the municipality of Heerde.
  • You receive student finance under the Wet op de studiefinanciering – WSF (Student Finance Act) or a contribution on the basis of the Wet tegemoetkoming onderwijsbijdrage en schoolkosten – WTOS (Fees and Educational Expenses (Allowances) Act).
  • You are fundamentally unable to earn an income alongside your studies due to illness or infirmity. You can demonstrate this by means of 
    • a declaration of inclusion doelgroepenregister (UWV).
    • a recent medical report from a recognised medical expert. That report shows that you have limited capacity due to your disability. Do you not have a medical report from an expert, but do you think you are eligible for the study benefit? Please submit an application. We will request a medical examination from an external expert. Depending on the advice, the study allowance can be awarded to you.

Fill in the form. You can do that online.

Apply for a studietoeslag (study benefit) (in Dutch) Log in with your DigiD username and password.

You must upload/attach the following attachments to the application form:

  • A copy of a valid identity document (passport, identity card or verblijfsvergunning (residence permit) (not a driving licence).
  • A letter confirming the Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs – DUO (education implementation service) grant of your student finance. That can be based on either the WSF or the WTOS.
  • A copy of a bank statement specifying the name of the account and the account number into which the allowance will be deposited.
  • A copy of a recent medical report.

The study benefit is granted for the duration of your study.

Study benefit amounts 2024

The amount of the study benefit depends on your age. These are the statutory amounts per month:

  • 21 years of age and over: € 352,80
  • 20 years of age: € 282,23
  • 19 years of age: € 211,67
  • 18 years of age: € 176,40
  • 17 years of age: € 139,35
  • 16 years of age: € 121,71
  • 15 years of age: € 105,84

For more information, see the page Studietoeslag at (in Dutch).

You will receive a letter informing you of the outcome within 8 weeks of your application. What happens if the application is incomplete or more time is needed for the investigation? Processing may take longer than 8 weeks in such cases.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Heerde

Last updated on 9 January 2024