Do you receive government financial support for your tertiary or secondary education? Are you unable to earn extra income due to a chronic illness or disability? Then you may be eligible for study benefit (studietoeslag) from your municipality.
In all cases, the following conditions must be met to be eligible to receive study benefit:
- you receive student finance (studiefinanciering) as a tertiary student or a basic allowance (basistoelage) for secondary students;
- you cannot earn extra income alongside your studies because of your disability.
- you are not entitled to the Wajong benefit
Ask your municipality about all the conditions that apply.
You can apply for study benefit at the municipality where you live, regardless of where you are studying.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Applying for study benefit for students with a disability
Please note. You can only apply for individual study grants if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
Good to know
If you receive a study allowance, you may keep the first €200.60 per month. Everything you earn more will be deducted from the study allowance.
- You live in Groningen.
- You are structurally unable to work alongside your studies due to a medical disability.
- You receive study financing or an allowance for school expenses. Lifelong learning credit is not included.
- You are not entitled to Wajong benefit.
- You have no income from work, with the exception of an internship allowance.
You can apply for social assistance benefits online. You will need a DigiD to do this. There are no possibilities yet to do this without a DigiD or in English.
You can also visit the Office for Work and Income (Harm Buiterplein 1). You can make an appointment online via the website. Or call 050 367 50 00.
We understand that not everyone is handy with a computer. That is why you can also visit a WIJ team in your area. We have PCs and scanning equipment at all locations and employees who will be happy to help you on your way.