Single Digital Gateway

Applying for study benefit for students with a disability

Do you receive government financial support for your tertiary or secondary education? Are you unable to earn extra income due to a chronic illness or disability? Then you may be eligible for study benefit (studietoeslag) from your municipality.

In all cases, the following conditions must be met to be eligible to receive study benefit:

  • you receive student finance (studiefinanciering) as a tertiary student or a basic allowance (basistoelage) for secondary students;
  • you cannot earn extra income alongside your studies because of your disability.
  • you are not entitled to the Wajong benefit

Ask your municipality about all the conditions that apply.

You can apply for study benefit at the municipality where you live, regardless of where you are studying.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Study allowance


Many students have a part-time job to pay for their studies. But young people with a structural medical disability are sometimes less able to combine their education with a part-time job. The study allowance is intended to prevent them from having to borrow more often and more than young people who can work in addition to their education.

Are you studying and do you have an occupational disability? Then apply for the study allowance from the municipality.

To be eligible for the study allowance, you must meet the following conditions:

  • You are 15 years or older;
  • You have a medical disability, which prevents you from working in addition to your studies;
  • You receive student finance or you receive an allowance under Chapter 4 of the WTOS (Pupils aged 18 and older in secondary education and VAVO);
  • You have no income from employment, unemployment or sickness benefits;
  • You are not entitled to a Wajong benefit.

If you receive a higher internship allowance than € 180 per month, the amount that you receive will be deducted from the study allowance.

You are entitled as long as you study and meet the conditions. Are you stopping studying or do you no longer meet the conditions? Then you must report this to the municipality. The surcharge will then be stopped.

apply for the study allowance via the URL below. Please note: you must log in with your DigiD.

You will receive a letter with the decision within 8 weeks of your application. Is the application incomplete or is the investigation taking more time? Then it may take longer before you receive the decision. The municipality may extend the term of 8 weeks once.

You can object to the decision on your application. Do this within 6 weeks. Do you not agree with the decision on the notice of objection? Then file an appeal with the court.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee

Visiting address

Koningin Julianaweg 45

3241XB Middelharnis

Opening hours
08:00 - 12:00
08:00 - 17:00
08.00 - 17.00
08:00 - 17:00
18:00 - 20:00
08:00 - 12:00
Last updated on 26 September 2022