Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Dijk en Waard: applying for study benefit for students with a disability

Please note: you can apply for a studietoeslag (study benefit) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

  • You have to be 15 years or older; 
  • You are entitled to student finance in accordance with the Student Finance Act 2000 (WSF) or to an allowance in accordance with the Education Contribution and School Expenses Allowance Act (WTOS);
  • You are unable to earn additional income alongside your studies due to a medical disability or for a long period of time; 
  • You are not entitled to a Wajong benefit.

Fill in the form aanvraagformulier studietoeslag Zaffier (pdf, 47 KB) in full and return it together with the attachments to Zaffier. Or visit

You must upload/attach the following attachments to the application form:

  • A copy of a valid identity document (passport, identity card or verblijfsvergunning (residence permit) (not a driving licence).
  • A letter confirming the Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs – DUO (education implementation service) grant of your student finance. That can be based on either the WSF or the WTOS.
  • A copy of a bank statement specifying the name of the account and the account number into which the allowance will be deposited.
  • A copy of a recent medical report.

You must reapply for study benefit for each new school year.

You will receive a letter informing you of the outcome within 8 weeks of your application. What happens if the application is incomplete or more time is needed for the investigation? Processing may take longer than 8 weeks in such cases.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Dijk en Waard

Last updated on 27 February 2023