Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Amsterdam: applying for study benefit for students with a disability

Please note: you can apply for a studietoeslag (study benefit) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

The following conditions apply:

  • You are 15 years or older
  • You are registered with the municipality of Amsterdam.
  • You do not receive Wajong benefits, which are benefits under the Wet arbeidsongeschiktheidsvoorziening jonggehandicapten (Law on the provision of incapacity benefit to disabled young people).
  • You receive student finance under the Wet op de studiefinanciering – WSF (Student Finance Act) or a contribution on the basis of the Wet tegemoetkoming onderwijsbijdrage en schoolkosten – WTOS (Fees and Educational Expenses (Allowances) Act).
  • You are fundamentally unable to earn an income alongside your studies due to illness or infirmity.

Call the het Jongerenpunt of the district where you live. You may also email your name and telephone number to We will then contact you.

You will receive a letter informing you of the outcome within 8 weeks of your application.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Amsterdam

Last updated on 11 December 2023