Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Zutphen: applying for social assistance

This information has been published by: Municipality of Zutphen

Please note: you can only apply for bijstand (social assistance) if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

You can apply for social assistance from the municipality of Zutphen if you meet the following additional conditions:

  • You live in the municipality of Zutphen.
  • You do not yet receive an Algemene Ouderdomswet – AOW (State Pension).
  • Do you live with your partner or have a joint household with someone? If so, the income and savings of that person are also taken into account.
  • You are participating in activities offered to you by the municipality of Zutphen to find work.
  • You must understand, speak, read and write Dutch to a sufficient standard. You are entitled to social welfare assistance even if your Dutch is not good enough. However, the municipality may reduce your welfare benefit if you do not do your best to learn Dutch.
  • Are you between 18 and 27 years old? If so, you can also apply for social assistance on the condition that, first, you actively look for work or education for 4 weeks.

You apply for social assistance in 3 steps:

  1. Register with the UWV. Do you need help? Contact us by telephone.
  2. You will receive an invitation for a personal meeting. Together we will discuss which assistance fits best.
  3. You will let you know whether you will receive social assistance.

You will find out within 8 weeks whether you will receive social assistance. You will receive social assistance from the date of the application.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Zutphen

Visiting address

Henri Dunantweg 1

7201EV Zutphen

Opening hours
8.30 - 12.00
12.00 - 16.00
8.30 - 12.00
12.00 - 16.00
8.30 - 12.00
12.00 - 16.00
8.30 - 12.00
12.00 - 16.00
8.30 - 12.00
12.00 - 16.00
Last updated on 13 December 2022