Single Digital Gateway

Municipality of Geertruidenberg: applying for social assistance

Please note: you can only apply for bijstand (social assistance) if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

You can apply for social assistance from the municipality of Geertruidenberg if you meet the following additional conditions:

  • You live in the municipality of Geertruidenberg.
  • You do not yet receive an Algemene Ouderdomswet – AOW (State Pension).
  • Do you live with your partner or have a joint household with someone? If so, the income and savings of that person are also taken into account.
  • You are participating in activities offered to you by the municipality of Geertruidenberg to find work.
  • You must understand, speak, read and write Dutch to a sufficient standard. You are entitled to social welfare assistance even if your Dutch is not good enough. However, the municipality may reduce your welfare benefit if you do not do your best to learn Dutch.
  • Are you between 18 and 27 years old? If so, you can also apply for social assistance on the condition that, first, you actively look for work or education for 4 weeks. These 4 weeks start upon application.

Contact the Loket Werk Inkomen en Zorg of the municipality via phone number 14 0162

The municipality will give you an advance within 4 weeks of application. The municipality may refuse this advance if:

  • It becomes apparent that you do are not entitled to social assistance
  • You supply insufficient documents or are too late
  • You do not cooperate sufficiently during application

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Geertruidenberg

Last updated on 2 December 2022