Single Digital Gateway

Applying for social assistance

If you have too little money to get by, you may be entitled to social assistance (bijstand). You can apply for social assistance at your municipality or the website, an online work platform operated by the Uitvoeringsinstituut Werknemersverzekeringen – UWV (Employee Insurance Agency).

You are entitled to social assistance if you:

  • are a Dutch citizen or lawfully resident in the Netherlands, and;

  • are aged 18 or over;

  • do not have enough income or funds to get by. Your (joint) income must be below the social assistance standard (in Dutch);

  • cannot claim any other provision or benefit;

  • are not in prison or in a detention house.

There are also a number of obligations when you receive social assistance (in Dutch).

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Duiven: Applying for social assistance

Please note that you can only apply for social assistance if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

You do not apply for social assisance at the municipality of Duiven, but at the RSD De Liemers. The RSD De Liemers is responsible for the implementation of a number of laws and regulations in the field of work and income for the municpality of Duiven.

For more information, and to apply for social assistance, you can go to the website of RSD De Liemers.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Duiven

Visiting address

Koning Willem-Alexanderplein 1

6921ES Duiven

Opening hours
8:00 - 12:00
18:00 - 20:00
8:00 - 12:00
8:00 - 16:00
8:00 - 12:00
8:00 - 12:00
Last updated on 22 September 2022